Qavdev Limited (‘Qavdev’, ‘We’, ‘our’, ‘Company’), recognizes your privacy rights as a guarantee under the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; the Nigerian Data Protection Regulation 2019 issued by the National Information Technology Department Agency (NITDA), and the privacy provisions in other relevant laws applicable to our business in Nigeria.
Thus, it i s important to us as a law abiding organization that your Personal Data is managed, processed and protected in accordance with the provisions of the applicable laws.
In the course of our business and/or your engagement with us and third parties through our platforms (this includes but are not limited to our website, digital platforms, mobile applications, physical operations/offices, amongst others), we may process your Personal Data, subject however to the terms of this
This Policy applies to all our Applications, Platforms, and all related sites, services and tools regardless of how they are accessed or used.
For the purpose of this Policy:
'Data' and/or 'Information' means any information relating to you, including your name, identification number, location data, online identifier address, photo, email address, pins, passwords, bank details, posts on our Platforms, religion, date of birth, health, race/tribe, nationality, ethnicity, your location, trades union membership, criminal records, medical information, and other unique identifiers such as but not limited to MAC address, IP address, Bank Verification Number, and others. It also includes factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
'Process' and/or 'Processing' means any operation or set of operations which is performed on your Personal Data or sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
We kindly request that you carefully read through this Policy and click on the ‘Agree’ icon below, if you consent to the terms of this Policy, particularly with respect to the processing of your Personal Data. That notwithstanding, if you proceed to use any of our Platforms and services, it will be deemed that you have provided your express consent to the terms of this Policy.
You must be at least 18 years old to use our services or any of our Platforms. Individuals under the age of 18, or applicable age of maturity, may utilize our Platforms services only with involvement of a parent or legal guardian, under such person’s account. Regardless, all Personal Data which we may process shall be in accordance with this Policy and other applicable laws.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you when you visit our service, register, place an order, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
Name / Username
How we Use Your Personal Information
In the course of your engagements with us or through our Platforms, we collect personal information for various legal reasons, largely to enable us to personalize your experience and to provide a more efficient service to you. Some of the reasons we collect Information are:
- To help us verify your identity
- To help us process transactions, and verify receipt of payment for Services.
- To help us identify accounts and services which you could have from us from time to time.
- Enable us to operate, protect, improve, and optimize Qavdev by carrying out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
- Personalize or otherwise customize your experience by, among other things, ranking search results or showing ads based on your search, booking history, and preferences.
- Provide an excellence customer service
- Send you service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your address or compare your identification photo to another photo you provide).
- To help us to administer and to contact you about improved administration of any accounts, listings and booking services we have provided in the past.
- Investigate and respond to your complaints or enquiries;
- Conduct background checks, compare information for accuracy and verify same with third parties;
- Conduct investigations and risk assessments
- Comply with legal, contractual and regulatory obligations;
- To allow us to contact you in any way (including e-mail, telephone, visit, and text or multimedia messages) about services offered by us unless you have previously asked us not to do so.
How Do We Use Your Email Address?
By submitting your email address on this website , you agree to receive emails from us. You can cancel your participation in any of these email lists at any time by clicking on the opt-out link or other unsubscribe option that is included in the respective email. We only send emails to people who have authorized us to contact them, either directly, or through a third party. We do not send unsolicited commercial emails, because we hate spam as much as you do. By submitting your email address, you also agree to allow us to use your email address for customer audience targeting on sites like Facebook, where we display custom advertising to specific people who have opted-in to receive communications from us.
Email addresses submitted only through the order processing page will be used for the sole purpose of sending you information and updates pertaining to your order. If, however, you have provided the same email to us through another method, we may use it for any of the purposes stated in this Policy.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Storage and Protection of Your Data
We protect your personal Information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of our safeguards include ensuring that sensitive data are encrypted and stored in a secure manner with only authorized users having access to this information. Access to our various platforms is restricted to authorized users only. Your Information is also stored on our secure servers as well as secure physical locations and cloud infrastructure. All information is stored in data centers which are collocated out of our office environment, this is to ensure security of data and also availability of data when required.
We will take all necessary measures to ensure that your Personal Data is safe, however, you are also required to ensure that access codes, PINs, passwords, usernames, and all other information or hints that may enable third party access to your accounts on our Platforms are secure. We therefore strongly advise you to keep such information secure and confidential. If you use a third party’s device (laptops, phones, public internet, etc.) to access your account, kindly ensure that you always log out. Kindly note however that certain devices are programmed to save passwords or usernames, as such, we therefore advise that you use third party devices with extreme caution. If you believe that an unauthorized person has accessed your information, please contact us immediately.
Processing Your Information
In order to execute our obligations to you or process your transactions, we may be required to process your Information, such as your name, contact details, or other information needed to complete the transaction. We also work with third parties, including financial institutions, service providers who at one point or the other facilitate transactions executed on our Platforms. For completeness, in the course of your engagement with us or use of our services and Platforms, we may share your information with different stakeholders, including but not limited to Financial institutions; service providers; and collection agencies to report account or credit information; Qavdev Limited; Regulatory or judicial authorities; or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to Qavdev. Please note that the parties mentioned above may be within or outside Nigeria.
We may also process your Information when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of your Information is necessary to comply with applicable laws and judicial/regulatory orders; conduct investigations; manage existing or imminent risks, prevent fraud, crime or financial loss, or for public safety or to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our Terms and Conditions.
In all cases, we will ensure that your Information is safe, and notify the receiving party of the confidential nature of your Information, particularly the need to maintain the confidentiality of the same and prevent unlawful or unauthorized usage.
You have the following rights regarding your personal information collected by us:
- Right to access your personal information being held by us. Request for such information may be sent to www.qavdev.com
- Right to request that your personal data be made available to you in an electronic format or that it should be sent to a third party (Kindly note that we have the right to decline such request if it is too frequent, unreasonable, and likely to cause substantial cost to us. In any event, we will communicate the reason for our refusal);
- Right to rectify any inaccurate, incomplete information. As such, if you discover any inaccuracy in your personal information, kindly notify us promptly and provide us with documentary evidence to enable us to update the requisite changes;
- Right to withdraw consent for the processing of your information, provided that such withdrawal shall not invalidate any processing hitherto done based on the consent previously given by you;
- Restrict or object to the processing of your personal data if we may be compelled to process your data where required under law, regulatory authorities, or court of law;
- Right to request that your personal data be deleted. We may however continue to retain the information where required under law, contract, regulatory authorities, or court of law;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to lodge complaints with relevant authorities;
- The information you provide during any transaction such as your billing, Receiver’s details, and pay-out information shall be considered confidential information. We will not disclose this information to outside parties without the written consent of all the parties to any transaction.
- We may share your information with other companies such as your banking institution and with the other party to your transaction. We may also request information about you from third parties to provide our services.
- We will notify you as soon as we become aware of a harmful data breach which may result in a risk of your rights and freedom.
- You have the right to request an erasure of your data at any time.
- We will notify you if we are transferring your data.
- You may request at any time that we halt further dissemination of your data or cease to use your data.
- If you submit content in a public forum or social media post, or use a similar feature on www.qavdev.com that content is publicly visible.
- Required by Law We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform with the requirements of the law or comply with legal process served on us, or (b) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our service or members of the public.
To the extent practicable and legally permitted, we will attempt to advise you prior to any such disclosure, so that you may seek a protective order or other relief limiting such disclosure.
Communications from Our Site
Upon registering on our site, you will receive emails that confirm specific actions you requested. You will receive notifications confirming your registration, the successful verification of email addresses and bank accounts, if required, and confirmation of successful transactions. You will also receive progress updates on the status of your transactions. These are transactional notifications that you cannot opt out of receiving, as they are in place to protect the security of your account and your personal information. We may also send you responses to emails you send us, if appropriate or applicable
From time to time, we will also send user surveys, requests for user feedback regarding user experience and site operations or marketing offers from us or from us on behalf of our marketing partners. The completion of these surveys or requests for feedback or acceptance of any offer is strictly voluntary. If you do not wish to receive these offers, surveys or user feedback emails, please opt out in any offer email you receive from us.
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser, and which collects information about user actions on a site.
This Cookies Policy applies to our websites, Applications and Platforms alone. We do not exercise control over the sites displayed or linked from within our various services. These other sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you.
What Type of Cookies Do We Use?
Temporary cookies: This is also known as 'session cookies '; it helps our sites and platforms to recognize users, temporarily memorize their online activities and the information provided when they navigate through a website. Session cookies only retain information about your activities for as long as you are on the website. Once the web browser is closed, the cookies are automatically deleted.
Permanent cookies: This is also known as 'persistent cookies ' or ‘first-party cookies’; they remain in operation even after the web browser has closed. It helps our sites or platforms remember your information, preferences and settings such as language selection and internal bookmarks for when you revisit in the future.
Cookies store helpful information to enhance users' experiences on our site, and possibly to improve our ability to reconnect with you later. They are used to remember you and your preferences such as your preferred language, device settings, browsing activities and other useful information, help you navigate between pages efficiently, and generally improve your experience in using our services.
We use these cookies are used are as follows:
Where we place cookies
We set cookies in a number of different locations across our services. These locations may include:
- Our website www.qavdev.com
Declining our Cookies may affect your ability to fully utilize of our Platform and services. Without cookies you may not have access to certain features on the site, including access to certain personalized content.
Qavdev may revise this Cookies Policy to reflect changes in the law, our data collection and use practices, the features of our site, or advancements in technology. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email or through a prominent notice on our sites/platforms prior to such change.
This Data Retention Policy (the 'Policy') sets out how Qavdev retains Records (defined below) necessary for its business operations, contractual obligations, legal, audit and regulatory compliance, and when we may destroy such Records, whilst promoting orderly and efficient data management. This ensures compliance with the data protection laws and the duty of confidentiality to which we are bound. We retain your information for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected. The period of data storage and retention is subject to legal, regulatory, administrative and operational requirements.
Records include Information, data, documents (contractual, personal), correspondence, policies, confidential information, etc. regardless of media; created, received, and maintained by Qavdev as evidence, and in compliance with regulatory requirements, legal obligations, business practices, legal policies, contractual obligations, financial transactions, administrative activities, business decisions or other actions. Records provide information about, and evidence of Qavdev’s transactions, customers, employment and activities, and may be created, received or maintained in hard copy or electronic format.
Scope of this Policy
The main objective of this Policy is to ensure that complete and accurate Records are identified, retained, stored, protected and subsequently destroyed or archived appropriately under such terms and within such periods set out in this Policy.
This Policy applies to all our Platforms, and all related sites, applications, services and tools regardless of how they are accessed or used. It also covers all Records stored on company-owned, leased, and otherwise company-provided systems and media, regardless of location, including our servers, third-party servers; computer systems (desktops or laptops), mobile devices, physical records stored at our offices or other locations.
Qavdev’s Data Compliance Officer (DCO) shall oversee the administration, implementation and the procedure of this Policy. The DCO works with the company’s management and legal & compliance department and shall ensure that the retention policy is followed to the latter. The DCO has the authority to review the data retention procedures; monitor compliance; make modifications to the data retention schedule when necessary to ensure it complies with the relevant laws, encompasses new developments and contains the appropriate records and documents.
In addition to other existing data protection measures being implemented by Qavdev, we will ensure that the following measures are in place to protect the security of retained Records:
- All Records received and retained through emails must be encrypted and/or password protected and will only be transmitted and stored over secure networks.
- All Records retained physically (in hardcopy form) will be stored in a secure container, file or folder, marked “confidential” and kept in a safe location.
- Records whether physical or electronic will be stored in secure folders and will not be left unattended.
- Computers used to retain Records will always be password protected, properly maintained, and protected from virus or unauthorized access.
- Retained Records will not be stored in the personal devices of employees of the company
- All Records stored electronically will be backed up periodically with backups stored onsite at our offices or offsite at a data centre.
- All electronic copies of Records will be stored securely using passwords and encryption as appropriate.
- Records will be retained in a secure location, with limited access to authorized personnel only.
- All passwords used to protect Records will be changed periodically and must be secure
- All Records retained during their specified periods will be traceable and retrievable.
Retention Period and Procedures
For all Records obtained, used and stored by Qavdev, we will conduct periodic reviews of the Records retained, confirming their purpose, continued validity, accuracy and requirement to retain such Records. Records will be kept for as long as they are needed to meet the operational or contractual needs of Qavdev, together with legal and regulatory requirements. Qavdev may transfer paper-based Records to an alternative media format in instances of long retention periods. As a general principle, Qavdev will only need to retain one copy of the final version of a Record. Draft documents may be destroyed immediately unless they contain vital information which were not otherwise contained in the final document.
The retention periods for Records provided under this Policy takes into consideration: the requirements of Qavdev for such Records;
- The type, sensitivity and importance of such Record; contractual obligations;
- The purpose of processing such record; lawful basis for processing the records;
- The requirements of the law.
Where it is not possible to define a statutory or legal retention period in line with the applicable data protection/privacy laws, we will identify the criteria by which the period can be determined (such as industry standards) and update this Policy as may be necessary.
Destruction of Records
Destruction of Records is a critical component of a data retention policy. Once the retention period has elapsed, the Records are either reviewed, archived, returned, anonymized or confidentially destroyed depending on their purpose, importance and legal requirements. When a Record has reached its designated destruction date, the DCO shall refer to the retention register to determine the next action to be taken. Not all data or records are expected to be deleted upon expiration; sometimes it is sufficient to anonymise the data, return the Record or to archive Records for a further period.
Records will not be kept after the retention period unless:
- The Record is the subject of a pending litigation, administrative or regulatory proceedings. In these circumstances, destruction will be delayed until such regulatory proceedings have been completed, at which time a new retention period will be created.
- The Record has long-term value for Qavdev’s statutory or regulatory obligations.
- Qavdev has the discretion to determine if such Record will be permanently stored, provided that no legal, regulatory or contractual breach will occur by the permanent retention of such record.
- There is a legal or regulatory reason or order to maintain the Records either permanently or for a longer period.
Qavdev is committed to the secure and safe disposal of any Record in accordance with our contractual and legal obligations. Accordingly, when the Records have been retained until the end of their retention period, they can be destroyed in the following ways:
- Hardcopy of documents will be destroyed by shredding or burning.
- Non-sensitive information can be thrown in a normal trash bin and properly disposed.
- Electronic Records will be deleted /erased and cleared from recycle bins.
- Electronic equipment or systems containing Records will be destroyed. Where a specific Record is stored in one single media such as a CD Rom and cannot be erased, such media used to store the Record will be physically destroyed.
- Destruction of electronic Records should render them non-recoverable even using forensic data recovery techniques.
The laws of NIgeria, e shall govern this Agreement and your use of our service. Your use of our service may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
Links to Other Websites
If you have questions regarding your data privacy rights or would like to submit a related data privacy right request, kindly contact us via the information below:
Address: 14, Oremerin Street Ojota Lagos.